Friday, April 16, 2010

CA Labor Federation Endorses Das for Assembly District 35

From the Los Angeles Chronicle:
Leading into this weekend´s California Democratic Party (CDP) Convention in Los Angeles where he is expected to gain the CDP´s formal endorsement, Santa Barbara City Councilmember Das Williams announced today that the California Labor Federation has endorsed his bid for State Assembly District 35. Their support highlights Das Williams´ personal history and record of supporting working families, fair wages and safe working conditions, as well as his efforts to create local jobs, affordable housing, and access to higher education and health care.

...."I am proud to have the support and trust of the California Labor Federation," Das Williams commented. "I realize that the gravity of present events, and the heavy reliance on quick-fix solutions such as cuts-only budgets, furloughs, borrowing, and other fiscal gimmicks have only hurt the working men and women who support our great state."

"My success in the city of Santa Barbara has required committed, principled leadership," added Williams. "I am thankful that the AFL-CIO shares my principles and believes in my ability to succeed on the state level as I have at the local level. I pledge my own support and efforts to do what needs to be done to get California back on track without sacrificing vital services, access to quality healthcare and education, and environmental safeguards."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me....