Saturday, May 15, 2010

Das knows the importance of Community Colleges

He knows that they have an impact on lives and futures of community residents and of the communities themselves. Santa Barbara City College certainly had an impact on his.
"I have several teachers that influenced me at my time at Santa Barbara City College. I was 17 and it was the year I moved out of my volkswagon bus into an apartment, first started in politics and became a Christian. Dr. Craig Fusaro (who now leads efforts to restore local fish species) taught me Environmental Science with an emphasis on the SCIENCE, Dr. John Kay taught me the basics of government, Dr. Peter Haslund international relations and Dr. Manou Eskandari taught me how to teach." (from an interview with Brian Dennert of the Ventura County Star)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me....